The Regulation and Inspection of Social Care (Wales) Act 2016 requires registered service providers to submit an Annual Return following the end of each financial year.
The Annual Returns must be submitted by service providers who operate any of the following:
- Care home services
- Domiciliary services
- Secure accommodation services
- Residential family centre services
- Regulated fostering services
- Regulated adoption services
- Regulated advocacy services
- Adult placement services
The following types of service do not need to submit any Annual Returns:
- Local authority fostering services
- Local authority adoption services
- Residential special schools
- Further education colleges
- Boarding schools
The information contained within the annual returns is set out within the 2016 Act 2016 and the Regulated Services (Annual Returns) (Wales) Regulations 2017.
- The Annual Return system will be accessible via your CIW Online account from 1 April, every year.
- The Responsible Individual(s) or organisational officer(s) associated to the provider who have activated their CIW Online account should access, complete and submit the annual return. Online assistants can only complete certain sections of the annual return. Please check all designated RIs, or organisational officers, have access to their CIW Online account and have activated their account to Level 2 access.
- To ensure your Annual Returns are submitted on time please log in to your CIW Online account before the 1 April to ensure your service details are accurate and up to date.
- Further guidance and advice on what will be included within your Annual Return and how to complete/submit it, can be found in the guidance below.
Video: Guide to completing the Annual Return
Guidance on completing an Annual Return , file type: PDF, file size: 884 KBPDF, File size:884 KB
Guidance on completing an Annual Return , file type: DOCX, file size: 1 MBDOCX, File size:1 MB