Skip to main content
Global keyword search

Self Assessment of Service Statement (SASS)

Information about completing your SASS.

If you run a childcare and play service, you must complete your SASS using CIW Online (External link) by 15 March 2024.

What is a SASS?

SASS is an online form that Registered Persons and Responsible Individuals are required to complete. This is a legal requirement for all childminders and childcare and play providers that registered with us before 31 December 2023.

Providers who registered with us after 31 December 2023 will not need to complete the SASS this year.

The information providers give us through their SASS submission helps us to plan our inspections and provide the right help and support to those who need it most.

Data from across Wales will be collated, anonymised, and published later in 2024. You can view last year’s SASS data here.

Important information for all childcare and play providers

If you run a childcare and play service, the SASS will open on 31 January 2024 and close on 15 March 2024.

If you do not complete your SASS by this date, it will impact your future ratings.

You will need to have a CIW Online account to complete your SASS. If you do not have a CIW Online account you need to take urgent action.

  • visit CIW Online (External link)
  • or call us on 0300 7900 126 and select option 4

Visit our SASS handy tips page for a step-by-step guide to completing your SASS.