National Advisory Board member
Who am I?
I live in the Vale of Glamorgan. I was historically a Responsible Individual for 15 years in a care home group supporting individuals who are 18+. I have a background in public services (was originally an accountant). My non-work interests include family, our dogs and tennis.
What do I do?
I am a Director of a residential family centre, helping each child to have the best start in life. I also currently have other roles as a non-executive director for Social Care Wales and with the Life Sciences Hub Wales. Historically I was a non-executive (finance responsibility) within the Department of Health and Social Services in Wales and on the board of a housing association.
My areas of interest and/or experience
- Developing new, and improving quality of, services
- Commissioning best practice
- Improving partnerships
- Sharing provider experience
- Future sustainability of services
- I have a wider interest in social enterprise, health and social care, employability, training and development, and policy (including supporting improvements in the future legislative environment)
What’s important to me
- Effective engagement and involvement of individuals
- Improving the use of common data (including user experience) by providers, commissioners, regulators and statutory bodies
- Enhancing my understanding of, and contribution to, improving social enterprise and health and social care (with a particular focus on preventative, environmental & sustainability aspects)