Don’t miss out on getting your flu and COVID-19 vaccines this autumn
Public Health Wales is urging adults and children who are eligible for a free flu and COVID jab to take up the offer.
Public health experts have raised concerns the flu season may start earlier this year and affect more people, as other respiratory viruses re-emerge following COVID-19 restrictions.
The chances of becoming seriously ill with COVID-19 or flu are greatly reduced by vaccination, as are the risks of spreading these viruses. Being fully vaccinated will help protect you and those around you. This means having your flu vaccine and a full course of COVID-19 vaccines, including a booster when it is due.
Having your vaccines not only protects you, it also protects you from spreading these viruses to your friends, family and the people you care for who may be vulnerable to them.
Who is eligible for the flu vaccine and COVID-19 booster?
- Pregnant women
- People aged 50 or over
- People with a long-term health condition that increases the risk (from 6 months of age for flu and 5 years of age for the COVID-19 vaccine)
- People who live in a care home
- People with a learning disability
- People with severe mental illness
- People who live with someone who has a weakened immune system (from 6 months of age for flu and 5 years of age for the COVID-19 vaccine)
- Carers aged 16 and over
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All staff working in care homes for older adults